There is no doubt that you have a lot on your mind, as well as much planning to do in this adoption journey. I know the waiting can be hard and you want to be as prepared as you can be! This is why I am here for you. I want to help you navigate your own unique adoption journey by helping you to understand the perspective and heart of a birth mom within open adoption. By taking the time to appreciate the “other side,” your compassion will reach across the pages of your profile and into a prospective birth mother’s heart. You can stand out amongst the waiting with your genuine heart– and my help.
My passion is in helping others from what I’ve learned in my own experiences as a birth mom, along with my work within the adoption community. I’ve heard countless birth mom stories and answered many adoptive parent questions– just like you.
I’m not your typical adoption consultant!
I’m here for the relationships and prepare your heart for adoption. I don’t make matches. I will provide you with profile advice or answering those lurking questions that you have about adoption relationships. Ultimately, my goal is to help you create a successful and happy adoption for all involved. My heart is to be a bridge between the adoption community so we understand each other better.
Working with me I can:
- Guide you through exploring open adoption as a waiting adoptive couple.
- Show why open adoption is beneficial for all involved (especially that precious child at the center!)
- Explain the variations of open adoption.
- Provide insight as a birth mother.
- Answer your questions about birth mothers and open adoption.
- Review and edit your adoption profile and social media pages.
- Give tips on how to have a successful open adoption relationship with the birth family after adoption.
What makes working with me unique?
- I am a birth mom of over 14 years in an open adoption.
- I bring years of experience and education within the adoption community, writing, and editing.
- I have a Bachelor of Arts English degree.
- I am not affiliated with any adoption agency.
- I will provide you with honest, compassionate, confidential, unbiased information and support.
Now, let’s get started! Schedule an appointment today.
“I just wanted to take a minute and tell you how grateful I am for your incredible grace and patience with me as I walked through the adoption process. I am realizing more and more that some of my questions, from the perspective of an adoptive parent, might have been difficult to answer. You never made me feel silly for the questions I asked, and offered so much time and care in your responses. Your advice/feedback has contributed to a deeper appreciation, love, respect, and gratitude for our daughter’s beloved first momma and for that I’m FOREVER grateful.”
-Katy, Adoptive Mom